Wednesday, March 15, 2017

(Game)Chapter 2 Update 1: New optional boss 1

Like I said last week, one of the new things I want to introduce in the second chapter are some side bosses. What is special about these optional bosses is that they are males who get their clothes torn off as they take damage. This week, I present you the first of these bosses, the Ice Mantis.

For now, I am planning to have two bosses like these, but I might include a third one if time allows it. As I explained in last week's update, I want these bosses to be part monster and part human, but most of the time, I will focus on the human side of things. They will also trigger an Ero scene should you lose to them ;).

Now, here's a preview of what you can expect in-game:

100%


75% HP and below


50% HP and below


25% HP and below


This basically is what you can expect! If you have anything to say about it, do leave a comment :).

Side note: Last weekend, I bought a new drawing software and I have been practicing with it because I wish to make the CGs with this program. I will be releasing a special CG unrelated to the game for the occasion. However I still am learning how to use it properly and so it might take a bit more time than my usual drawings. There might not be an update next week because of this, but I will try my hardest to release the new character for the next update!









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful i want to see it with 0 hp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see him in action :)

    i do like the idea and i understand that it's not easy to implement it but he looks gigantic on these screenshots. have you considered the idea to put the image of the boss in the background and have a regular-sized enemy on the battlefield?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an intersting idea, I'll have to think of a way to make it work, but I'm not sure it's possible because of the script. (I do know that I won't be able to change the sprites appearance halfway though that's a certainty as it only works with images).

      The other alternative I had was to switch the sideview battle to a front battle (You won't see the characterès sprites.) but doing so might make the some skills not work or crash the game.

      Delete