Friday, June 22, 2018

(Game)Harem Builder: Starting the new characters

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but I'm planning to add 3 news characters in the next batch. Elsword, Megaman and another unannounced character. I will also continue Manami's story. With that said, I started coding and planning these character's stories this week. I even started another Megaman CG since I already had the idea in mind. (So Megaman already has 2 CGs in the works.) Lan will appear as a side character for Megaman, but Bass (or Forte) will also make an appearance!

New characters means new daily activities. For Elsword, I'm planning to re-use Link's combat style but with a linear dungeon setting with a boss at the end. I'll talk about this some more when I get to it. As for Megaman, I'm creating another combat style which is based on the Battle Network games.


The assets are still in the works and I have some improvments to make, but you can get a good idea of how it will be. On a side note, I also made Megaman's ingame sprite as show above!

I worked a lot on Megaman this week x) (And on Elsword's CG), his underwears are mostly done, only his special contest underwear is left but I'm not sure what I should make yet. Megaman's portraits will be given out alongside Elsword's CG will be given out as part of this month's reward for the highest tier. The rewards will be sent on july 8th at the same time as the mugen stuff.

Finally I've been wondering, should I use the english names for Megaman's characters (Megaman, Lan, Bass) or the japanese names? (Rockman, Netto, Forte). I personally like both so I have a hard time deciding xP.


28 comments:

  1. Why not use their Japanese names like a Codename they use while doing missions but their real names are the English ones when they are not doing missions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might get a little confusing, especially since the character's stories usually are kind of short.

      Delete
  2. I’ve always considered Megaman to be something of a moniker/codename/persona, while Rock is his actual/original name. Can’t tell you about the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Megaman" sounds better and cooler than "Rockman" so since that's one name settled, maybe it's better to stick with English for all of them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it might be best to make an actual poll? I mean I would prefer the English names because I recognize them but maybe a lot of your fans have a different option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seem to overally prefer the english ones and I have no preference so I'll rolle with the english names. ;)

      Delete
  5. wow i'm really a fan of this game! I love what you need: 3! I have a question, will there be the Naruto character in the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's always possible to get Naruto in at some point but the list of characters to make only gets longer! xD

      Delete
    2. No one's complaining about that, though~ ;D You have a game that can be literally updated forever, like an online game. I know it must be way more work to do, but a plus side is that you can never truly run out of ideas. ;P And even in this incomplete form, again, it's a fucking infinite times better game than that half-assed pile of shit "Gay Harem", and you're just utilizing RPG Maker. <3

      Delete
  6. Just to know, when is Sora going to be in the game ? I know that he isn't in this update, so I don't know in which update he is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to start him after the current batch of characters ;).

      Delete
  7. hi redflash! I have a question, will you make a version of the game in French? and will there be the Naruto character? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although my native language is French, I don't want to translate the game as it would be really complicated and time consuming to maintain the numerous versions up to date, sorry.

      Like I answered above, it's always possible to include Naruto at some point but there already are a few characters already planned xP.

      Delete
  8. Might I suggest Shulk, Reyn Dunban and Kallian from Xenoblade, and basically anyone from persona 3-5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never played persona but I feel like if I played the game, I'd be all over adding a character from it xD. Until I get to play though, I have plenty of characters I want to add. As for Xenoblade, one of the 3 new characters from the new batch will be a Xenoblade character but not one of those you mentioned although one of the 4 will appear as a side character ;).

      Delete
    2. For Persona, might as well just add Ryuji the best boy. ¬‿‿¬

      Delete
    3. Hey now, no puking in the comment section! >:)

      Delete
  9. when can we download a new version of the game? :)
    (I only have Link and Souma)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new version of the game will be available in a few months (About 2-3 months for patrons). However, in the current version, you should be able to recruit 5 character (Link, Souma, Corrin, Manami, Tatsumi) but 2 of them (Manami, Tatsumi) are still in development ;).

      Delete
    2. I do not know how to access the other character, how should I do? sorry for my bad english, I'm french ^^

      Delete
    3. Tu peux trouver Corrin dans le château de Castle Town au deuxième étage. Pour commencer la quête tu devras parler à Rowan qui est devant la porte de chambre de Corrin.

      Une fois que tu as recruté Corrin tu auras accès à Tatsumi et Manami. Pour Manami tu peux le recontrer dans le parc de Katakura Town et Tatsumi tu le trouvera après avoir fais une journée avec Link une fois la quête de Corrin terminée. :)

      Delete
    4. Ah ! Oui ça marche ! ^^ merci beaucoup de ton aide !

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. What do you mean? If you're talking about in your bedroom in harem builder, try going out of the bedroom then go back in.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete