Friday, September 29, 2017

(Game)Chapter 1 walkthrough and announcement

I made the walkthrough for the first chapter of Whiteblade, the link to the walkthrough can be found on the download page here.

I wanted to make the walkthrough as a video at first, but in the end I opted for a written walkthrough with pictures instead because if I make changes to the first chapter like I did when I released the second one, it will be easier to change it.



Besides that, I have an announcement to make for the coming updates! :p

Last week, I said I wanted to take a break from Whiteblade like I did when I released the first chapter. However, this time around the break will be a bit longer because I started working on a second completely different game. Unlike Whiteblade, this game won't have many original characters. Most of the characters will be already existing characters from other games or animes.

There are many reasons why I want to do this before starting to work on the 3rd chapter of Whiteblade. Mainly, I want to improve my drawings, but more than that, my drawing speed. I'm reaallly slow when it comes to drawing so I'm trying improve that. My style for this game might be a bit different too because I will opt for a style where I can draw faster and practice my poses ;p.

Now let's talk about my plans for this new game.

First off, unlike WhiteBlade, there won't be anything like chapters or things like that. I want to be able to update this game when I feel like it and add any character I want without too many restraints.

The name of this game will be Harem Builder. Since I'm trying to improve my drawing skills, this also means this game will have more art than WhiteBlade but also less story, maps, ect. The only main character that will be an original character is the character you play. You will be able to name him as well as give a name to your harem and homebase ;p.

There will be a short introduction and story, but to sum it up, the main character will be transported into the realm of a sex god. There he will find replicas of men and young men from different worlds, gathered in this realm to be part of your harem. You have to convince them to join you but some of them will be harder to convince than others though as they still possess their original personality.

Recruiting these guys will offer several benefits such a being able to make them wear different underwears and devices, unlocking new scenes and using them in contests. Yep, there will be contests where you can show off your harem's skills.

I won't go into great details yet but these contests will be like battles where you need to score as much points as possible. I want to animate these contests using sprite animations like I do for mugen to give these fights some visuals and make them interesting!

I also have other features planned but they still need to be laid out a bit better before I can talk about them!

Now, the question you might be asking is which character will there be in this game and what kind of character can we expect?

The answer is, anything. I can pretty much add anyone I want as there are different towns and cities of all kinds in this realm. For exemple, for the first demo of the game, there will be 3 characters on top of the main character.

These 3 characters are:

- Link (ofc lol he's in everything I do but this time I'll be using his twilight princess appearance)
- Souma (I really liked drawing him before so I decided to add him as one of the first characters)
- Corrin (He's a character that doesn't have enough art around the web imo and we needed a new face around here ;p)

So as you can see, we have 2 fantasy characters (Link and Corrin) and an anime character completely unrelated to fantasy (Souma).

My first goal is to show off all 4 characters next week! :D Tell me what you think about the idea for this new game and I hope you'll like it! The updates for Harem Builder will be starting next week!

10 comments:

  1. Great, I hope you will soon give us more news from Harem Builder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be more info and hopefully even pictures next thursday ;D!

      Delete
  2. It will be interesting. Will we be able to chose if we prefer to be top or bottom, or only top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not planning the have top only situations but I'm not sure yet if I'll let the player choose when they bottom or top, we'll see once I get down to it ;p.

      Delete
  3. Oh yay! Corrin! I agree that he doesn't get enough art. He's really, really good-looking and deserves more than he gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I personally really like him, especially how he was drawn for fire emblem heroes ;p.

      Delete
  4. Hmm, did you get the idea from https://www.gayharem.com/ ? :P I don't really care since I'd love to see your take on this idea as well, but just wondering if Gay Harem was your inspiration~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I tried out the game recently and it does have some pretty good ideas. (Not fond of most characters though as they are more "bara oriented" and the sillyness of the game is a bit over the top at times but that's my opinion ;p) Most of the core ideas come from that but the execution of the game will be really different than this one ;p.

      Delete
    2. Also, the game won't be an online one like gayharem ;). It's a solo game made with rpg maker ;p.

      Delete
    3. lol yeah I immediately got reminded of it as I read your post, I recently started playing it too and apparently it got ultra popular nowadays so makes sense. XD I love the art in that, it's really hot, but the writing is pretty shit and the cashgrab is SUPER real. Looking forward to what you'll do with your version~ ;D

      Delete