Thursday, October 5, 2017

(Game)Harem Builder: Characters

Hey everyone, we're here this week for Harem Builder's first update! For this first update, let me show you the characters you'll be able to recruit when I first release the game. More characters will come later.




In this first picture, we have the character called "Leader". He's the character you will control and can be named when you first start the game. He's the only character who's designed is not yet final. (Making a character from scratch takes more me time than existing characters when I first draw them.) The goal for the main character was to keep him as normal as possible which is why he can appear to be a bit bland looking at first lol.

The other is, of course, Link. As you can see, for this game, we can see the whole character in the menu. You can have up to 4 characters in your team at a time.



The other characters are Touma and Corrin. These 3 guys will be recruitable, giving you a full team to try out the content that requires you to have a full team, but I have yet another feature to show.

Underwears and outfits!


In the game, you will be able to buy underwears for your characters, when equiped, their portraits in the main menu changes to reflect which underwear was equiped. For example, Link was equiped with a fundoshi which changes his portrait in the menu to have one. In actual CGs however, Link will not wear it. (That would require an impossible amount of work lol.)

As for the main character, I don't have any made yet, but you will be able to equip outfits for him to alter his appearance in this menu too. (Maybe alter his sprite too if its possible)

That's it for this week. For next week, I'll try to show more underwear examples and I'll be making the ingame character sprites! Until then, take care!

13 comments:

  1. As long as I can keep them naked... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like it more than Whiteblade already. ;3 LOL nah but seriously, anything you do I'm drooling over at this point. Keep it up~

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I hope we get guys like Cloud and Sora. C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for you, Sora with his KH3 appearance is already on the list and he most likely will be in the early characters ;).

      Delete
    2. How 'bout some hot optional shotas too like TK from Digimon or Konohamaru from Naruto, etc.? ;o

      Delete
    3. Not all characters have been decided yet since I can add them as I go along but we'll see ;p

      Delete
  3. I wanted to share some ideas:

    No.01

    When we earn re playable scenes like in the dungeon that is only a one time thing and viewable after only in a gallery I think for the Harem characters themselves when they are in their own room we can have options to play with them in a few ways but be able to repeat the option instead of it only being a one time thing, like another way to raise relationship points.

    No.02

    If we have a variety of areas to explore and they are quite large i'd really suggest adding some form of Key Item that allows you to teleport to the entrance of each location though only make it available to move to once you visited the place as I found White Blade's transport a little tedious as you had to go to a certain building to teleport.

    No.03

    Have the option to use the Harem guys to do certain dirty services such as glory holes to earn some extra money.

    No.04

    Have some sort of missions available that only certain harem characters can do so it gives a variety of options to move away from the main character at times so perhaps missions in the theme of the harem characters game?

    No.05

    There was some lag issues on White Blade and I think there might be a plugin to sort the issue out perhaps as my specs can handle MV fine.

    No.06

    Do you use Discord? D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the feedback! :D I'll cover each point one by one ;p.

    No.01


    There is something similar to this with Aeyan in Whiteblade. Once his relationship is complete, you can have sex with him anytime by talking to him again ;p. I'd like to have repeatable sex in this game too ;p.

    No.02

    In Whiteblade, its not possible to have a global teleport item due to some puzzles. But here, I believe it will be possible. However, the map won't be as big as Whiteblade so we'll see ;p.

    No.03

    I do have a dirty sevice in mind which will give something else than money. I'll take a look at the kind of job you're suggesting too, it may be possible to do ;p.

    No.04

    I do have something similar planned about this which I will talk about more later. But I don't think I will make it possible to switch to another character in this game as it was one of the issues that prevent the player from having a global teleport in Whiteblade. Nothing guaranteed but we'll see ;p.

    No.05
    I never really had lag issues in WhiteBlade but I do know some people did and I think this is mostly caused by having too many events on some maps. I think Harem builder will be better on that side. Also there aren't as many plugins in Harem builder so it should help too.

    No.06

    I don't have Discord but I've been asked quite a few times about it, maybe I should get one xD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you made your own server on discord I bet loads will join! Maybe that way people could help beta test this game to check for bugs to help you out too! It would be great to chat more too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it cost money to make a discord server? ;p

      Delete
    2. I dunno, I'm not sure but I doubt it. :o

      Delete