Wednesday, May 3, 2017

(Game)Chapter 2 update 7: The second monster

Hey there, like I told you guys last week, I had to make a different update before working on the next CG. The update I had to do was designing and drawing the second monster character. I'm posting him on a different page since this contains a spoiler for the game and in case some people don't want to be spoiled too much, I decided to do this. You can see the new guy by clicking here.

Based on the feedback I received, I'm going to change the way the battles are handled for these special monsters. Instead of having a side battle like usual, I'm going to have the monster boy/man duel against one of the team's character. (You won't be able to select which character will fight though, that way it's easier for me to make the CGs.).

As for how the fight will go, you will first read a little description of what's happening and then you will be presented with several choices. You must choose the right choice depending on what's happening. If you pick the right choices, the ennemy will lose parts of his clothes, if you don't, then you take damage and you can take up to certain amount of hits which I will determine. You also will have to gather some information about the monster you're about to fight in order to know what to do. I don't know if I'm being really clear about what I want to do, but the first fight you do should clear things up.


This is basically how I will do it (of course some changes need to be made like adding a proper background and reexporting the image in a higher definition so it looks good.) That's it for this week, next week, I will be going back to the CGs, starting with the one featuring the slime ;p.

7 comments:

  1. The mantis is sharpening his blades, preparing for a decisive attack, what would you like to do?

    where's my option 'strip self and submit'? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, this might be a funny alternative and a quick way to trigger the CG, I might add that option XD

      Delete
    2. honestly, i like the way it is now. what i remember from the first demo is that the game is quite challenging and you have to struggle to get to the sweet parts, and i really enjoyed it. having the option to concede and get the scene right away would be slightly off-mark if you ask me. not that it would be difficult to get anyway.

      Delete
    3. You're right, but I don't think I will put the option mentioned above right away, you would have to take a certain number of hits to surrender. Probably right before the last hit you take before you lose as an indication that you're about to be defeated ;).

      Delete
    4. haha i like that :D

      Delete
  2. is it possible for you to make a next release completion bar(s) to let us know how much work is left? i would really like to know how the progress of scripting, map building and CG drawing is going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd rather not do the tracking progress with bars or percent because sometimes seeing things like these can discourage me, I'd rather take it at my own pace and do everything I can under a week ;). I can tell you however that things should progress much more smoothly once the CGs are done since this is the hardest and longest part. We now have 3/7-8 CGs that are mostly done and the 4th is coming next week. I'm going for a 1 week 1 CG goal.

      Delete