Sunday, August 30, 2020

Contest results / Palestra: Corrin portraits improved / Mugen: DDC, Link, Megaman, Leon update preview

Contest

This week, I have chosen the winners for the second contest! The rewards will come next month for all the participants after I make the moves requested by the two winners.

The winners are:

Fanfiction:

 by CainisCums

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25952074/chapters/63084181


Fanart:

by MrPenguin:

 https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83697055

https://i.pximg.net/img-master/img/2020/08/15/16/58/23/83697055_p0_master1200.jpg




Special mentions from the second contest:

These entries will be added to Pal as either a book or frame:


Fanfiction:

by Mako

https://archiveofourown.org/works/26045116


Fanart:

by 48095

 

 I also picked some entries from the first contest to be added in Palestra and I will also add the second contest's entries to the blog later this week (or next week if I don't have the time this week >.<). 


Palestra:

The update preview now resumes! Last time I showed that the MC's portraits would be improved but he's not the only one getting some love as Corrin's portraits will also see their quality being bumped up!

Mugen:

DDC:

Hyper Finisher:

This move finally get its own finisher. After being toyed with, DDC's opponent, won't be able to hold off a huge release! This finisher also transitions to the milking finisher after the initial animation.





 

 

Link:

Hyper Finisher:

 

Megaman:

Demon Genesis:

 

Leon:

Step On:

9 comments:

  1. When will you be updating mugen and Palestra? Hopefully it will be in the second week and not the third week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Redflash, what were the chosen animations? I see the winners, but not what they chose. Will those be revealed next month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will the Fanworks page be updated with the new works next week? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question: What's your real name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I noticed a couple of glitches in Palestra. 1st: When you select the Saint Quartz skill/finisher for Shirou it shows Ritsuka(I mostly use the hair to tell for this). 2nd: Is that when you have Shirou and Ritsuka for your team for the Ralkyx Arena, Ritsuka's(not sure if it changes or not didn't try to many times) map sprite doesn't appear.

    On another note, how has figuring out how to get the dual-type to show? Because if any new dual-spec techniques/skills appeared since then for the some of the newly teachable characters then I haven't seen it.

    Also is there a reason to select an already learned skill when your teaching your members? I got curious and was wondering.

    Finally, wish you luck and can't wait for the update(well technically I can but you get my point). Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback :P

      1- If I recall correctly, this gets fixed in a later version.

      2- This is something I'm still trying to figure out cause as far as I can see in the code everything looks fine so it may be something I'm overlooking ><

      3- That's a bug that will get fixed in a later release (next month I think). So far though, I think only Shinra and Ragna have dual type moves.

      4- That's because with the first version of the game, there were descriptions when learning moves (something i dropped cause I already had to write a huge amount of text for the game every month) and so the option was there in case you wanted to read the scene again.

      Thank you, stay safe too!

      Delete